Pop Smiles Dentistry features panoramic dental X-rays in our office. This imaging technology allows us to capture detailed images of your entire jaw, giving our dentist a better understanding of your overall oral health and helping us plan more effective treatments. We invite you to call us at (703) 844-0404 to make your appointment with Dr. Jamil Sowan, and to learn more about panoramic X-rays in Manassas, Virginia.
In order to provide you with the best possible dental care, it is essential that our dentist is able to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While, standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches – including all of the teeth, upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Moreover, using panoramic X-rays, our dentist is able to:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts, and tumors
Overall, using the panoramic dental X-rays machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentist with high-definition, nearly instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about panoramic dental X-rays.